Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Review/Quotes
“Don’t let the muggles get you down!”
Where to begin? My thoughts are exploding though my head and all of them center around how fantastic this book was! This as many of you might know is the first time I have read this book. I have watched the movies and this movie was my least favorite. Maybe that was because the movie had to cut so much wonderful material out.
This review will mainly consist of some of my thoughts and quotes I liked in the book. I will try to keep it short but there was so many quotes I loved! Fair warning I may skip around a lot in this post and for that I am sorry!
WARNING: IF YOU HAVEN’T READ HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERERS STONE OR THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS I SUGGEST READING THEM FIRST BECAUSE THIS WHOLE POST WILL BE NOTHING BUT SPOILERS!
Favorite Scenes from the book!
- When Ron called Harry on the phone and was screaming while talking to Uncle Vernon was gold! I laughed so hard it remember me of talking to my grandma and how I can never hear afterwards.
- Every time Aunt Marge talks all Harry keeps thinking of is quotes from his Handbook of Do-It-Yourself Broomcare.
- I SO DO NOT BLAME HARRY FOR MAKING HIS AUNT INTO A BALLOON! She made me mad!
- Harry using poor Neville Longbottoms name when he got on the Knight Bus think the ministry of magic was after him for blowing his Aunt up.
- Every line the Weasley Twins had and the fact that they finish each others sentences!
“The Ministry’s providing a couple of cars,” said Mr. Weasley.
Everyone looked up at him.
“Why?” said Percy curiously.
“It’s because of you, Perce,” said George seriously. “And there’ll be little flags on the hoods, with HB on them-“
“-for Humongous Bighead,” said Fred.”
Where is Wood?” said Harry, suddenly realizing he wasn’t there.
“Still in the showers,” said Fred. “
“We think he’s trying to drown himself.”
- The crazy book that Hagrid picked out for the class he was teaching keep biting them. Harry had to wrestle it in the floor.
- The simply fact that poor Neville can never remember the password is so much like me it’s not even funny!
- “Really what has gotten into you all today” said Professor McGonagall…”Not that it matters, but that’s the first time my transformation’s not applause from a class.”
I imagine her look at them going clap now or detention!
- Professor McGonagall completely owning Professor Trelawney several times was savage.
“But surely you already knew, Sybill?”said Professor McGonagall.
“Certainly I knew, Minerva.” she said quietly. “But one does not parade the fact that one is All-Knowing. I frequently act as though, I am not in possessed of a Inner Eye, so as not to make others nervous.”
“That explains a great deal.” said Professor McGonagall tartly
“My dears! Which of you stood of first? Which?
“Dunno” said Ron, looking uneasily at Harry.
“I doubt it makes much difference,” said Professor McGonagall coldly, “unless a mad ax-man is waiting outside the doors to slaughter the first into the entrance hall.”
- When Harry tells Dumbedore about Trelawney’s acting strange after his test, when she gave the prediction to Harry. Even Dumbedore knows she is a fake.
- “Who’d have thought it? That brings her total of real predictions up to two. I should offer her a pay raise.”
- Ginny bringing Harry a get-well card. Oh my heart.
- Professor Lupin using a spell to shoot gum in Peeve’s nose!
- The fact that Peter, James, and Sirius created a spell so they could turn into animals and try to help Lupin made my eyes water.
- The Shrieking Shack and the Whopping Willow were created for Lupin’s use when he turned into a Werewolf. That explained a lot!
- The cat was helping Sirius break into the school to find Peter.
- Sirius scraping Snape’s head on the top of the tunnel looking
“What — live with you?,”..”Leave the Dursley’s?”
“Of course, I thought you wouldn’t want to,” said Sirus quicky. ” I understand, I just thought I’d —”
“Are you insane?” said Harry. ” of course I want to leave the Dursleys! Have you got a house? When can I move in?”
“I Sirius Black, Harry Potter’s godfather, hereby give them permission to visit Hogsmeade on the weekend.”
“…P.S I thought your friend Ron might want this owl, as it is my fault he no longer has a rat.”
“Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people’s business.
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball.”
“You don’t got a Godfather” said Vernon
“Yes I have” said Harry. “He was my mum and dad’s best friend. He’s a convicted murderer, but he’s broken out of wizard prison and he’s on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though…keep up with my news…check if I’m happy…”
- What was the point of the Sneakoscope? Did they even use it because I remember it being in the sock 97% of the book?
- Did the Dementor’s Kiss freak anyone else completely out? I got cold chills.
- When everyone was at the table for Christmas and Professor Trelawney’s said she wouldn’t sit because it would make 13 people at the table but technically there was 14 right? Counting Peter?